The counselors in this school believe:
· All students have the capacity to achieve academic, personal, and career success.
· All students at our school can achieve both a high school and a college education and can make positive contributions to our global society.
· All students’ perspectives and cultures are valuable to the whole school.
· All students will have equal access to the school counseling program regardless of ethnic, cultural, racial, or sexual differences.
· All students deserve the opportunity to develop a relationship with their school counselor in which the counselor knows well, his or her interests and abilities, and the student feels comfortable communicating with the counselor.
The comprehensive school counseling program in this school should:
· Assist all students in exploring their interests and defining their goals
· Assist all students in pursuing their goals in the academic, personal, social, and career domains
· Assist students in exploring STEM disciplines for future study and careers
· Assist students to participate fully in the high school and college experience
· Be planned in with input from the school counseling advisory panel which will consist of members from all stakeholder groups (students, parents, teachers, community members, and university partners)
· Be developed and evaluated using data and the design principals of the American School Counseling Association
· Support students’ developmental needs through pro-active means
The school counselors in this school will:
· Abide by the professional school counseling ethics as advocated by the American School Counselor Association
· Participate in professional development activities essential to maintain a quality school counseling program